DRAFTING DEMAND / SETTLEMENT LETTERS
Drafting Demand Letter
A Settlement Demand Letter is a legal document of presenting facts about the accident/injury and its aftermath with the intent of persuading the insurance adjuster to provide adequate compensation to the plaintiff. It’s a critical task to draft a demand/settlement letter since it’s a letter for settlement negotiations and usually drafted before filing a lawsuit. It includes reasons why the recipient is at fault or is insured, damages caused and injuries sustained and compensation. There are various things required to be looked into while drafting a demand/settlement letter, such as calculating the damages, going through medical records, medical treatment, property damage or economic losses, wage loss, etc.
Key Elements of a Demand Letter
- Summary of facts describing the incident
- A detailed description of injuries, pain, and suffering with ICD 9/10 codes and CPT codes
- List of medical expenses/medical bills
- Discussion/confirmation of accident liability
- Impact on activities of daily living and future medical expenses
- Injury settlement demand amount
At Gracious Legal Services, we have a team of qualified professionals, who have the expertise in the field of law and are dedicated to rendering high quality, low cost, flexible and on time delivery. Contact our Sales Representative for more information.
In order to help you more quickly, please fill out this form and submit, or call 1-888-787-0092 .A representative of the firm will call you ASAP.